View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 20:52   #2570
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Making unfounded statements again I see. Do you have anything that backs that up?
Getting out of the wrong side of bed again I see.

Your best bet is to Google the FT article "Brexit and customs union — what’s at stake for Britain" which explains the situation. Some other snippets are below:

Quote:
Where materials are imported and re-exported, companies can generally claim back duties. However, doing so means keeping track of exactly where all components come from — meaning a mountain of paperwork.
“It would create a whole set of red tape for us to understand and work our way through,” said Brandauer boss Rowan Crozier. “That’s a challenge that a smaller company like us could do without.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...lers-lf0h3mc9x

Quote:
Businesses could become ensnared in red tape unless the government heeds the concerns of industry and retains European Union regulations after Brexit, a House of Lords report warns....It warned that non-tariff barriers, which restrict trade through mechanisms such as embargoes or customs delays, are often more costly to businesses than tariffs and are far harder to remove through a free-trade deal.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ding-3pkntp2j5

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
How long has the guardian been good at writing fiction ?

It sure looks like a remainers wet dream for fantasy stories.
Congratulations on your 10,000 post.

I can't answer your question but the article you refer to was in fact penned by Barry Eichengreen who is a professor of economics at the University of California.