View Single Post
Old 31-01-2017, 16:30   #1896
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Eurozone will collapse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's also worth noting that due to the way the money markets work, our economy may very well be affected by fluctuations in EU economies regardless of whether we are in or out of the EU.

We could profit, or we could lose.

Note: Although I voted remain, I hope our country prospers even after article 50 has been invoked, and once I looked into it, I never thought the Euro was a good thing. It required that countries tied their economies to Europe in a way I don't think is good for all of them.
We certainly won't be unaffected by a collapse of the Eurozone or disintegration of the EU but staying in wouldn't have prevented it. The longer they kick the can down the road, the worse the fallout will be. Better to do what the UK did and make a decision than to perennially fudge the issue and hope it goes away.

As it stands, from what I heard from a Brussels bureaucrat this morning, their plan B is more plan A...

Quote:
"Rather than retreat and fracture, Europe should create a political and defence union, and unify its common market across more industries and service sectors, Mr Verhofstadt said."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...negotiatorguy/

Last edited by Osem; 31-01-2017 at 16:33.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote