View Single Post
Old 30-05-2016, 09:27   #1686
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I can't think of anything, the reason they charge for it is if they gave it free they would have to pay a licence for it, so this way customer pays I guess.

That player I showed you is far better anyway and very popular.
There's also MPC that comes with the (free) K-Lite codec pack. Supports all the latest encoding and plays anything and refreshingly doesn't look like a Fisher Price toy.

Quote:
All I did before I upgraded was copy the folders I wanted to keep onto an external, the whole upgrade only took like 20mins then and I never lost anything, but to be honest a clean install is the best way to go eventually.
Agreed. I've always kept all my data in my own directory structure under /usr from DOS3.1 to W7. Backup is simple, just freshen that structure on the backup disks/sticks.

That way when M$ bugger about with things on the next OS my data is still always in the same place. After a clean install I just copy my structure back.