View Single Post
Old 17-02-2009, 18:46   #9
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society
Re: 12mbps without router & 6mbps through router

I'll second Horace's recommendation of Tomato.

Previously I was using DD-WRT on a Linksys WRT54G (can't remember the hardware version but with yours at 1.1 you should be fine - there are some links with hardware data and compatibility though - I'll try and dig them out).

After the 10 meg upgrade, my router maxed out at around 6meg (from memory) as the QoS settings weren't particularly efficient. Swapped to Tomato and now max out the connection speed quite happily.

I've not tried the 20meg through the router but unless you're running a ton of complicated QoS rules I suspect it'll be fine.

The interesting thing though is that you're only getting 12mbps when connected directly. Are you on the 20 meg package or 10 (where you can hit 1.2MBps quite happily).
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote