View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 21:15   #58
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: The Welsh language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I didn't say they shouldn't be able to speak English, just that I'm not bothered if people speak another language to each other. Welsh or anything else.[COLOR="Silver"]

It would be crazy if they didn't learn English.
Well, I'm tired of hearing foreign languages being spoken whenever I'm in urban areas (Welsh is different as it is in fact a UK language).

You'd be surprised how many foreigners speak no or very little English (especially when it's convenient to them).

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Who are these english who get offended that welsh people speak welsh in wales I've been to wales a few times and never gave it a second thought when some spoke in welsh. There might be a few who get put out and i do mean a few but every nationality has that few they are called idiots and occur in all nationalities.
I've been to Wales many times and never come across this either. It wouldn't be good for Welsh businesses or tourism either if someone refused to speak in English* if able to do so to an English person.

* Which I would expect them to be able to do given that they learn English at school as a matter of course.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote