View Single Post
Old 29-01-2012, 11:14   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Will those power line & home plugs work if they're plugged into an extension rather than directly into the socket?
I think they do although I believe surge protected extensions are the exception to the rule.

Quote:
What stops HomePlug from working, will they work with extension Lead?
Avoid surge protected / Filtered mains extension blocks as these block the HomePlug signal. Long extension leads will degrade the signal so it is best practice to plug the HomePlug directly into a wall socket. I personally have one HomePlug in the wall socket and one plugged into a 4 gang and achieve 115mbs approx. There are also various threads around the net that highlight issues with switched power devices such as phone chargers and hairdryers. Unplugging phone chargers can also increase performance. Be aware that if you have BT Vision you may already have Comtrend's (DS2 based) 200mbs adapter in your package. Be carefull if buying additional powerline units - you may need to buy compatible DS2 based products.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/netwo...eplug-faq.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote