View Single Post
Old 28-09-2013, 11:33   #118
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Lolderp.

"The Pulsant South Gyle data centre (previously called Scolocate) was selected as a natural starting point for this new IXP. "

In other words they're going to use the existing IXP, increase prices a bit, then claim it's something new. What did I say already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I didn't know peering links were actually so cheap. £300 per quarter? That's chump change for an ISP. Looks as though links are free for the moment as well so Virgin would be insane not to.*

*Don't know what I'm talking about, just taking the site at face value
Virgin are already connected there, their south gyle headend is right next door anyway.

Oh and in respect to cost, well yes, all you're paying for is a network socket in a wall/rack. It doesn't actually do anything. The main cost comes from the cost of the data you actually carry over it, which can run into hundreds of pounds per megabit depending who you use.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Looks like ixscotland is going live very soon when will virgin join it. I Hope is soon
You seem to have failed to read where I pointed out Virgin have already been connected for nearly a decade. They don't need a new company setting up a few extra boxes in the existing building to be able to use their existing 50+ connections.

Chances of them connecting up anything new though? Probably not going to be much. We already know how atrociously stingy VM are with their public LINX peering. Didn't BT used to have four times more LINX capacity than VM? And the latter were in no rush to increase it when it got saturated a year or two back.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote