View Single Post
Old 17-02-2015, 10:34   #13
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Are charities a business?

I know that way back TEAR fund (The Evangelical Alliance Relief Fund) operated by all monies to TEAR fund went to "where needed". The running of TEAR fund was by the Evangelical Alliance which was another charity.
Maybe other charities need to do similar if they don't already but then they may not get any funds to the "management fund".
Another issue charities can have is people donating for a specific cause that can't then be used elsewhere. I heard comments that Great Ormond Street had issues where some parent started to collect for a "scanner" and then that money couldn't be used to actually run the hospital. They had other such pots for capital projects but were in need of money for operational issues.