Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2017, 12:43   #264
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well done Joshua! I caught the end of round 6 onwards on the radio and the ups and downs were incredible but radio always make these events more exciting I feel. Until round 11 I was expecting him to lose on points but the end was sensational.

Yes he has a whole lot to learn but he's been severely tested and come through so what more can anyone ask? I'll be very surprised if this fight isn't the best lesson he's ever had and he'd be stupid not to learn as much from it as possible. He was taken into uncharted territory by an exceptional pro who knows every move and trick in the book so to hang on in there and summon the will to win by the only means left to him (given the points score) is a great tribute to him.

I've heard some stuff about the amount of time the referee gave Klitschko after his knock downs - wiping gloves, gesturing to Joshua etc. - but have no idea if that was anything unusual. Did he do the same thing in rounds 5 and 6? If so, what's the issue?

Finally, I think it was so refreshing not to have to endure the sort of pre-fright and weigh in staged nonsense and nastiness we've become accustomed to so well done to both camps for that. Surely no boxing fan in their right mind would want their sport to go any further down the route of professional wrestling...
Anything Klitschko did was settled when Joshua spat his guard out the round after hitting the floor. He was knackered.

His chin will learn from the fight as you'd expect. You can't teach cardio though and the way Joshua gassed was amateur level stuff, almost David Price level, blowing like a steam train and struggling to stand after throwing 8 or so big shots is a recipe for disaster and he really did survive it by the skin of his teeth. He just stood and ate shot after shot before the bell finally rang. He didn't recover in the corner and Klitschko blasted him the next round. It was like watching Amir Khan after hes been rocked making every possible mistake available on the table.

His defence and cardio really need worked on.

Deontay Wilder as awful as his skills are would fluke a shot through Joshua's defence. If Joshua can lock down a defence and a 12 round system then hes unbeatable. Right now though i think Fury has the best chance, Wilder has a fair chance and Parker/Ortiz have outside chances.

I'd love to see him knock Fury out but he really needs to fix the above because Fury will look to outbox and drag him deep. I still have doubts that Fury will ever be in any shape to compete again.

At least the power is real, there's no heavyweight in the division that will take those shots.