Thread: VM Router Help needed on broadband
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2017, 08:03   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Help needed on broadband

interesting one. VM don't manage the downstream in the evening and even if they did, I don't think you can physically stream enough radio to hit the threshold for stm to kick in and even if you did, you would still have enough bandwidth to continue streaming. Streaming radio takes up a grain of sand of bandwidth in relation to the speed of your connection. If there was something wrong with your VM connection (e.g. capacity issues) then it would affect your connection in its entirety and when the radio stopped you also wouldn't be able to browse to another site, play a game or check your email because your connection wouldn't work at all.
I would hazard a guess that as you mentioned laptop it is something to do with the wifi connection from the laptop to the shub/router. Is the laptop stationary or does the break in connection occur when you are moving the laptop around the house with you? I have got 3 different access points around my house and although I haven't tried it with my laptop, sometimes I'll see my phone and tablets drop their connection for a few seconds as they switch access point and channel and reacquire the signal.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote