View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 13:37   #37
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Labour MP's homophobic & sexist remarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You usually find those preaching high morals in public are the most disgusting perverts in private. Do as I say, not as I do.
Yes because they all too often have the required power, money, influence and opportunity.

I know this is all being portrayed as someone a uniquely male v female issue but I've heard plenty of stories about the abuse of men in predominantly female workplaces which goes to prove that neither sex has the monopoly on this sort of thing. As more men start to learn about the abuse others have suffered they're going to start speaking up and we're going to see that what's at the bottom of most of this is not the sex of the perpetrators and victims, it's their relative positions of opportunity and power.

Many men never speak about this sort of thing at the time but that doesn't mean they haven't been victims too. Way back when I was groped by a couple of girls in a bar who walked past me and one after the other quickly grabbed my crotch. I was stunned and would never have thought to complain to anyone - they'd have laughed at me after all - but it was a sexual assault nonetheless and if I were to 'return the favour' now I'd be arrested quick smart.

Last edited by Osem; 29-10-2017 at 13:55.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote