Thread: Racing (Car) Formula 1 2015 Season thread
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2014, 14:18   #10
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula 1 2015 Season thread

On the basis of their end of season testing I wouldn't be hoping for too much from McLaren-Honda right away. Managing more than three laps would be progress from where they are right now!

So predicition time:

I think we'll see a third championship from Hamilton next year in a car that will maintain a competitive advantage over most of the field and should benefit from improved reliability after a year of the new regs. That should mean he comfortably beats Rosberg who's best chance of a championship ended on Sunday, imo. Williams might take the odd win, and we can only expect improvement from Red Bull. If Massa can stay out of trouble I expect that he, Rosberg, Bottas and Ricciardo will fight it out for second place. Kvyat's an interesting proposition, but very raw. I think William's more experienced driver line up will see them be much closer to Red Bull in the constructor's championship. If they can pick up a couple of wins they could beat them in to second place. If that happens don't be surprised to see Mateschitz threaten to pull the plug and Horner go.

I can't see the benefit in Ferrari having two drivers who've struggled with the new formula and, as ever, they are in transition having now got rid of Matiacci. The only point in their favour I can see is the rule change that means most teams will have to run a nose configuration that's closest to what Ferrari ran this year.

I expect McLaren to start slowly but improve, and be comfortably ahead of Force India this time around, although Lotus will no doubt benefit from replacing McLaren as a Merc customer so I expect we'll see them back amongst the midfield as well.