View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 16:28   #267
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
As regards harmonisation of standards I can comment from the sector that I work in (Industrial electronics) that standards are pretty well harmonsed across the planet. The CE and UL / FCC (American) requirements are almost identical and all equipment has to conform.

Take a look at your laptop / phone charger.
As far as I'm aware very little equipment of that kind manufactured in the UK, so not a lot of benefit from a trade deal on that one. Won't save much on imports either, a fair amount of the finer products made in China are zero-rated on tariffs.

If only standards were so harmonious throughout.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

On the subject of a transitional period it's actually debatable whether it's even possible.

https://www.ft.com/content/fc1a5466-...4-046c9b27f631

I very much doubt that pretty much anyone demanding that the UK 'just get on with it' and leave the EU ASAP is aware what this will actually entail. I very much doubt there are many people, full stop, that know what it would actually entail.