View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 13:32   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor 26th August

After the Paulie fallout from last week it's becoming clear very quickly that McGregor absolutely battered him. It was already evident from Paulie's damaged face and McGregor being clean as a whistle but having seen the released sparring footage (select footage ofc) it seems McGregor was really trying to beat on the guy and was absolutely battering him.

Still got it Mayweather unless Conor catches him on the button. A lot of people whom thought this was crazy are really starting to turn in McGregor's favour. Virgil Hunter said it best though, he uses Nate Diaz for Andre Ward and he soaks up everything Ward throws, he then reminded us that McGregor busted Diaz open in 30 seconds and then floored him 3 times in the rematch. In Virgil's words, Conor is a very dangerous man, Diaz defended Ward's shots pretty well but couldn't get out of Conor's firing line.

I admire Mayweather, watched as many of his fights as I physically could but he really seems out of his comfort zone here. McGregor got to him, I've rarely seen Floyd bite and he tried to bite on numerous occasions, he just wasn't used to the McGregor-esque Mic style and was caught out. Floyd better turn up for a boxing match here because it reeks of desperation of a man trying to get paid and assuming he's going to coast to a 12 round win with ease.

The last man that I watched turn up just to coast the fight and get paid was Carl Froch, he ended up needing the referee to make a dodgy call to win the fight after being blown away in the first round and floored and dismantled for the next 5-6 rounds.