View Single Post
Old 31-07-2017, 16:03   #4520
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I feel knackered.

It's the end of our financial year at work, so as a requisitioner (purchaser), I've spent the last few weeks getting quotes for equipment, most of which I've never even heard of, and ordering it. We have to have all the deliveries today (a deadline I am already going to miss, as two suppliers have had problems with stock, and have not been able to deliver), and I have a pile of equipment in boxes in my office that I can't get rid of as the lecturers who have ordered it are not answering my emails asking where they want it sent. The reason for the panic? The Uni operating a system whereby any unused budget is clawed back, and the lecturers failing to realise they will have unspent money at the end of the year in reasonable time to get equipment ordered and in.

Thankfully, my line manager's boss has stated that next year, the last date for orders (to ensure we get any quotes and equipment in for 31st July) is the last day of May.

It's not even as though the equipment is anything particularly interesting.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
What's the point of making a bullying complaint when it gets basically swept under the rug, especially when that person is on one of their last warnings? I need to get out of that company, they keep promising me work then never give me it.
I feel a bit the same way. Getting out of the company, I mean. My problem is not them not giving me work. There is plenty of that. The trouble is it's mostly administrative tasks (such as the requisitioning I mentioned above). That's not what I applied for my job for. It's also not what I did my degree for.

Regarding your own position, is it possible for you to move to a different building? While it's not an ideal solution to the problem of bullying, it would at least reduces the chances of you being bullied?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote