Thread: Amazon Lord of the Rings Series
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2022, 13:14   #76
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Lord of the Rings Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Does anybody on here get when watching The Rings of Power a dark PQ where is is hard to see what is going on?.
I’ve not had a problem with LotR yet (that I’ve noticed) but I do often find that programmes made in 4K with HDR (High Dynamic Range) do not always come out very well on my mid-range Samsung tellybox. In such instances the pictures often are full of deep shade, with any brighter areas too bright. The effect can leave some scenes looking like they’ve been backlit by an amateur who doesn’t know you’re meant to light your subject from behind the camera, not behind their head.

I’ve alleviated it to some extent by very carefully altering my picture settings, but for the most part it seems to come down to the way the film maker has composed their scenes and I suspect may also be something to do with the way HDR is implemented in post production.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote