View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 21:34   #15
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Static IPs, Routed Subnets, GRE tunnels, poor performance and "The Fix"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
The Hitron does use a PUMA 6 chipset. The latency / jitter issues seem to not affect it in the same way as the Sh3. There was a firmware update, but also the GRE tunnel appears to mask some of the effects of this as well, so whether the firmware addressed the issue or the GRE tunnel masks it I am not sure. However I can confirm I now have the full 24 downstreams and have a clean ThinkBroadband graph.
That's probably the GRE, I have an L2TP tunnel via the SH3 and notice that IP has usually has less latency on it than my native VM IP, presumably something to do with the way the packet accelerator in the cable modem side handles things, maybe Gre is only a single flow as far as it's concerned.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote