Thread: Tivo V6 V6 box ignoring remote
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2017, 21:10   #1
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold
V6 box ignoring remote

Over the last few months I have had the V6 cease responding to the remote control. This is specific to the 'paired' remote, as the box still responds when the old style TiVo remote is used, or if I use the remote on the mobile app.

Re-pairing the remote (holding down 'info') fails, giving a red flash. The only fix I have had is rebooting the V6 box - upon which it responds to the 'paired' remote normally.

This has happened every now and then. However this week, I have had to reboot the box pretty much every day due to the remote dropping out. This is starting to get a bit tiresome.

The settings dialogue on the V6 bx claims the remote still has 80% battery so I don't believe the remote is causing this, especially as rebooting the box seems to be the only remedy. (I am happy to be re-educated in case my hypothesis if flawed, of course!)

Has this been experienced by anyone else? Has there been a firmware update recently that has caused an increase in the frequency of the dropouts?
JackSon is offline   Reply With Quote