View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 15:48   #5
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all
Re: Printer to router cable.

As I understand it I have three connection options, the first is to connect direct to the PC with a USB cable (which I have done at the moment), the second is to go completely wireless (as in the link from DaiNasty), or the third, which I would like to do, is wire the printer to the router so there is a direct connection to the main PC and a wireless connection to the rest of the network. This way, I believe, someone else on the network could print even if the main PC isn't switched on.
According to the set up disk this should be possible, but the necessary cable isn't included and I can't seem to find one
Hope that makes sense!

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

I believe I've just solved the problem. Just discovered that where the printer cable plugs into the back of the printer you pull out a sort of adaptor thing and that's where the ethernet cable plugs in!
Thanks for the replies and sorry for being dense.
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote