View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 19:38   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Family Settings and TP Link issues

Without going into an depth explanation of how routing works I will summarise and say that it is more than likely that the shub was able to see the macs on the switch side when the devices were directly connected to it and now that are going through another switch/middleman the shub can now only see the tplink switch and not what is behind it.
That being said, my Linksys router see everything behind all 4 of my switches but I don't know whether that is specifically down to my router or a combination of the router's ability to do so and the fact that all my switches are Linksys as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote