View Single Post
Old 27-01-2017, 13:35   #7
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Sky Discovery (potential) switch-off (technical)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
I see - I was under the impression that most of it came down from Astra via rack mounted satellite receivers. This used to be the case in the late 90's at least when I saw inside a hub site. Although the signals come from the master headend now, I had the impression that it was still fed via Sky for the most part - although this might be less and less true nowadays.
Some of it no doubt comes from Astra, there is also a capability of receiving several other satellites & from Freeview DTT, as the attached image shows:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Langley dish farm.jpg (196.2 KB, 86 views)