Thread: BBC i-Player
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2015, 21:50   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: BBC i-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike47 View Post
Hi

OK , got it , I take it that I need a Freeview box or a Freesat box to get i-Player , but what I dont understand with my new TV , is what is the Ethernet Connection to my router used for ! , I take it that the LAN connection goes into the Freesat or Freeview boxes but why into the TV and the TV has logged into my router .

spike
You don't need a freeview box if what you have is a SMART TV. This type of TV will have apps loaded onto it that can use services like iPlayer. If you dont have a menu screen with the aforesaid apps available, then you have a standard Freeview HD TV. The ethernet connection on these is to allow you access to the additional internet streamed channels attached to the Freeview service.

http://www.freeview.co.uk/what-we-of...and-connect-tv
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote