Thread: General Olympics - Brazil 2016
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2016, 15:20   #52
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Olympics - Brazil 2016

Having lived through decades during which the UK had virtually no representation in gymnastics and swimming, for example, I think the transformation evident in the last few years has been remarkable.

If I had to pick one person, amongst many, to single out in the gymnastics it'd be Lewis Smith who I think is a very fine young man indeed. I've long admired his attitude and his tears as he just missed out on the Gold said it all to me. I think his example has in large part served to inspire many to go on to better things.

As a near neighbour of one of our other medal prospects for the last 15 years or so, I have seen all too well the extent of the training and dedication required to succeed at this level so they have my absolute admiration and respect. They're a credit to our nation and I'm very much hoping that the young lady in question will fulfil her dreams. I just know the smile on her face will be something to behold.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote