View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 22:48   #1566
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
But aside from Mario, are there any games you'd want to play on the Wii U?
Zelda and Mario Kart .

Quote:
The Wii U is already failing, and what should have been *the* Wii U killer app, *the* Wii U system seller, ended up pushing even fewer units than the PS4's "Knack", and is apparently the worst-selling 3D Mario of all time. It also can't have helped that Nintendo stupidly released it on the same days as Sony launched the PS4 in North America, and again in Europe.
The thing regardless of how much it sells Mario games tend to offer some of the purest gaming experiences you can have. Super Mario Galaxy was worth the console cost alone, it's one of the finest games ever made. It was fun from beginning to end, each level almost perfect, you didn't care about getting from a to b or the story, you just wanted to play.

The fact Knack sold more is depressing but I don't really care about units shifted or console wars. The Gamecube was considered a failure but it had Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, and Mario Kart on it and it was brilliant.

If anything I think the sales figures suggest a increase in what I call 'Bro' gaming. Where games like Super Mario Galaxy and The Last of Us get deserved critical acclaim before being shunted aside in the charts and in mindshare to the upteenth, uninspired, iteration of a identikit franchise.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote