View Single Post
Old 29-06-2008, 11:49   #1
Scooby52
Inactive

Scooby52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about the £10 SIM for Virgin Media customers

Hi,

I am an existing Virgin Media customer (BB, V+, Phone), and my wife is already on Virgin Mobile PAYG. I am now looking for a mobile, and the cheap rates for calls to same mobile network means it makes sense to get a Virgin Mobile. There is an offer for Virgin Media customers to get a SIM only for £10, either on Pay Monthly or PAYG. I will be a light user so PAYG seems best, and then I can choose a small handset to use it in.

However, the web page for the offer is confusing:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ffer_payg.html

This is the Pay As You Go tab, and the only option says "Monthly Cost £10, Minutes 200, Text 200, SIM £10"? Why a Monthly Cost? Surely the whole point of PAYG is that there is no monthly cost? If I look on the Virgin Mobile pages, I can see standard PAYG options (Top Up cards etc), so am confused by this offer page that implies a monthly cost.

So, I rang Virgin Media, who said I had to talk to Virgin Mobile sales, and although the lady at VMobile tried to explain it to me, I am not convinced she really understood what I was asking.

Her answer was that the 200 minutes & 200 text were included in the first £10 payment, and would be lost at the end of the 1st month, from then on it's just a standard top-up. She also said the single £10 payment included the SIM card.

Anyone here know if this is correct? Or has she described a 'standard' Virgin Mobile offer, rather than the offer for Virgin Media customers?
Scooby52 is offline   Reply With Quote