View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:12   #970
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I know. It's doing my head in To be fair, I think that the right (myself included) still believe in liberal trade policies. We also believe in sovereign nations implementing them.
Strange days that we live in......
I think the global superstate fears are fantasy. What is a real and present danger is the corporate globalism.

The power and reach of the global multinationals is now beyond the point where we can, as individual nations, control. Ironically it is institutions like the EU that have sufficient market mass that can hope to stand up against these entities.

Although, saying that, the EU has failed to grasp this nettle completely: the tax regime in Luxembourg being an example.

The naivety of embracing a global free trade policy in the hope that "market will deliver" is already self-evident and has been for a while now. We need, as a nation now we are out of the EU, to pass laws that enforce global companies to commit to the country they raise revenue from. This means clear and fair tax from revenues and more importantly, obligation to employ nationals from the country they operate in.

These changes would ensure that global multinationals whose agenda is just profit and have no allegiance or affinity to the country they operate in, cannot exploit countries with impunity.

If you just invite multinationals into your bed with offers of sweet tax deals and impose no regulation, you are dancing with the devil ..