View Single Post
Old 17-09-2017, 16:14   #7497
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Don't think I can agree with you there mate, I think it depends on the person viewing, everyone is different, I just watched the Chelsea V Arsenal game and I switched from the HD channel to SD, the PQ is like night and day imo.

Never said SD was as good as HD - I said HD is not as well defined now as it was at it's launch.

It was 21mbps (think that is the term) was compressed down to around 12-14 Mbps.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Did it really used to be better or is it a case of you have got used to it?
Yes it really was better.

Not able to get UHD so I cannot comment on how much better it is than current HD or indeed HD at inception.

By definition compression reduces quality.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote