View Single Post
Old 17-09-2017, 08:34   #7489
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
This is a pet subject of mine - when sky sports first broadcast in HD the picture quality was superb, on close ups of action you could see individual blades of grass.

Then someone decided it was acceptable to compress the transmission and over the years the PQ of HD transmissions has gradually decreased.
It makes one wonder if they have deliberately'do
Additionally I believe (I may be wrong) that the current SD picture is a HD recording further compressed so is better than the original SD picture was - hence many people find there is little difference in PQ between HD and SD.

I would stress this opinion is based on my perception not on any fact (other than HD has been compressed more over the years - this is fact)
It makes one wonder if they have deliberately 'degraded' the HD picture quality so as to make uhd more attractive!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote