View Single Post
Old 15-08-2007, 11:04   #17
7@m3 G33k
Inactive

Services: 3 for £30 & I still pay 25p/min tech support?!?
7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era
Re: problem with LW055 Sweex Wireless Router

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
The shop idea didn't quite work out - they checked the router on their system to verify it wasn't faulty. They wouldn't check my laptop, though, saying an engineer would have to come to my flat and that would cost me £40.

As for the other question - I am connected to the router by wire when I ask it to find the dynamic IP address - that's what the manual says I should be doing when setting up the wireless network.
Hmm...I know £40 is not peanuts but if you think they know what they're doing and you only have to pay if they come up with a reasonable solution (e.g. not something like suggesting a complete re-install of your machine and charging lots extra) this may be your best bet. If they are competent this is a much better bet than calling VM's £1/min PC line.

I should declare an interest in that this is how I earn my living but there is sometimes no substitute for having a pro on-site to fix a problem.
7@m3 G33k is offline   Reply With Quote