View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 16:56   #172
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Only works out cheaper if you bin one or both of sky and BT - otherwise must be an additional cost (unless it is free)

As for recording streams on a PC, if I wanted to watch on a PC sized screen I wouldn't have bought my 48" flat screen

Another question - are these streams in a minimum of HD quality?
The additional cost is a broadband connection. I have binned all traditional pay TV yet still get Sky Sports and BT Sports (as well as others) for a lot less than you would pay for a traditional pay TV service.

You are a tad out of touch, most PC's can be connected to any TV which has a HDMI port and for streaming and video playback duties can be bought pretty cheaply.

I have yet to find any paid for streaming service that doesn't offer a minimum of 720P HD, when it comes to free services apart from BBC Iplayer the other PSB's are severely lacking in the image quality stakes on their online catchup services.