View Single Post
Old 25-04-2014, 20:47   #1296
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

The CBI have tried to put a lid on a PR nightmare, which is fair enough. I don't believe their claims that they weren't trying to be political.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the organisations that left over this either wished to maintain a neutral position, or were obliged to because of their position in public life (government agencies and quangos) or because of a legal duty to remain impartial (BBC and STV). So far as I'm aware, only a chain of care homes owned by a separatist left the CBI because he supports a Yes. And the protesting organisations numbered a couple of dozen out of thousands.

Still, as I said earlier, if you're a separatist you have to take your friends wherever you can find them, even if the best your 'friends' can do is decline to take sides.

You hold on to those rose-tinted glasses Jim lad, you're going to need them when you lose the vote in September.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Meanwhile, yet more research shows that the GuessNP's plan to use oil money to pay for everything, is lacking somewhat in the credibility department.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...bt-burden.html
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote