View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 15:16   #6
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Woeful internet service during lockdown a deal breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
it's just you

everywhere is like that as call centres are closed and people are working from home at reduced staffing levels.

correct

that tells me it isn't a congestion issue and there is a technical fault somewhere which is impacting your service. The fact that this has manifested during the lockdown is coincidental. Can you post the info from your downstream and upstream tab on the shub. To save me typing everything out have a quick scan of this thread to put things into context. The tech coming out tomorrow will know what to look for and be very thorough however in your case it will help to have a TBB graph up and running as well. The sooner you can get it up and running the better so it will have time to collect data and populate the graph.
Thanks for the offer to help, but I've had a friend at Virgin confirm the following;
"you do have a signal fault. Poor SNR showing on some frequencies for both downstream and upstream. I checked a couple of your neighbours' modems and they don't show the same errors, so it does seem to be just your installation. Hopefully the tech will resolve it tomorrow. Your area is also flagged for a capacity upgrade"

Last edited by nialli; 08-06-2020 at 15:38.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote