View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 10:48   #204
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
So to stand on its own 2 feet that would mean the BBC advertising and an end to programming that doesn't make a profit?? It would just become ITV/Sky or any of the other rubbish channels, of which we have hundreds. More down market reality TV, less quality drama and documentaries.
It's not just 2 channels either it's several channels, plus it's radio, local and national, and the website. All provided without advertising, it would be hard to totally avoid using it. It comes out at about £12 a month, compared to Sky/VM it's a bargain, many of their channels are just repeating BBC content.

BBC already has far too much reality tv - so changing to an ITV type model shouldn't have any effect on that. Take your point re adverts, however as I always watch recordings of programs they don't bother me that much - just FF through them.

Point re £12 pm - even if you only watch sky which you pay for, you still have to pay the license fee - I am seriously surprised this hasn't been changed as it basically means BBC is state subsidised (is that legal within the EU?)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote