View Single Post
Old 31-10-2016, 17:10   #809
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu View Post
I'm following this thread with interest as I've now got a fault on my Tivo which I suspect is a tuner or hard drive fault so I think that a fault call "might" lead to a replacement box. With the V6 apparently around the corner I don't want to do this twice or by having my box replaced now delay the V6.
In short I wish VM would tell us when it's coming as like many others Sky Q is fluttering her eyelids at me with the occasional prolonged sideward glance.
They have done, Salu. They said just before Christmas. So just a few weeks to go.

Like you, I am hanging on with our slowing down box, with its hard drive about to give up the ghost anytime now.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Lol, exactly. I cancelled yesterday after 17 years as today is the final day that I can get rid of it due to the price rise.

They. Couldn't. Have. Cared. Less.

They have done all but pick me up and push me into the arms of Sky.

Meanwhile, Sky are picking up VM customers with their deals such as 60% off for five years with no contract.

They are obviously taking a sensible long term view.

I dislike Sky, but when their main competitor just rolls over and isn't providing healthy and effective competition, something needs to be done.

What are Virgin Media offering in return? The exclusive spinning purple circle channel, a prise rise and a new box that will be ready when it's ready. Its almost as if Sky have planted their own people in key VM posts.

They aren't fit to hold the franchises.
For the sake of a few more weeks, you should have waited. Sky is not for me. I hope you don't regret this...
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote