View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 12:22   #8
ffan4540
Inactive

ffan4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Probs with my freesat-signal lock failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If you have a dual LNB, with two cables coming into the house, then both of those cables must be plugged in to the back of the Freesat box. There is no point plugging one into the back of your TV because your TV can't do anything with the signal it receives direct from the LNB.

If you have a Freesat PVR (i.e. one that can record stuff) then it won't function to the best of its ability if you only feed it one cable. In fact, if you feed it only one cable, and then you don't set it up to run in single-tuner mode, it may not work at all.

It sounds to me as if you have performed a full re-set of a Freesat PVR box, but you did not select single-tuner mode during the installation and tuning process. Before we go any further, however, can you tell me the make and model of your Freesat box.
Hi Chris,
Your comments are correct however using the dual LNB cable was something I was obliged to use . We (all residents of my building) have a satellite dish on our roof. IN order to connect the freesat box I could only connect / plug the LNB cable simultaneusly to TV and Sat 1. Should I only connect the LNB cable to the freesat box on one side and to TV in my socket or to Sat 1 on the other it did not work at all. My freesat box is a Bush one. Do you think I need to change it?
ffan4540 is offline   Reply With Quote