View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 21:23   #1038
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
did you use Microsoft account of local one
Microsoft account, and I have just checked it and it was showing as logged in to the Microsoft account but needed to be verified, as soon as I did that and rebooted it activated.

What a PITA system that is, that you cannot activate until you have not only logged in with your account but also validated the account on your pc which, I can understand for security reasons but you would, have thought that Microsoft Customer Support would have asked for that to be verified first.

**Edit**

For those who have a similar issue to what I have had all day here is what I needed to do in the end.

1: Install Windows 7/8/8.1

2: Install all updates to the point there is none left

3: Upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

4: Install the Windows 10 Upgrade so that you have Windows 10 installed

5: Ensure you are logged in to a Microsoft Live Account for logging in etc

6: Ensure Windows 10 is activated

7: Download Windows 10 Media Creator Tool

8: Create the ISO file for the version of Windows 10 that is installed IE Home, Pro etc

9: Download Magic Jelly Bean, install it and run it to obtain the Windows 10 key.

10: Burn the ISO to DVD or create a USB Installer using Rufus

11: Carry out a clean install of Windows 10 using the ISO you created.

12: Ensure that when you install it, that you use the key you get from Magic Jelly Bean

13: Ensure once the install is complete that you are logged in using your Windows Live login details

14: Verify your Live account on the machine

15: Check the activation status to ensure you are fully activated

16: Store the key from Magic Jelly Bean somewhere safe as you will need that in the future for any further clean installs if, it does not pick it up from your live account.

It is a PITA way to have to do it, since Microsoft say your Windows 7/8/8.1 key should work but it only took me nearly 12 hours to finally figure it out after spending nearly, 4 hours in total on the phone to Microsoft and doing around 10 clean installs and upgrades of Windows 8/8.1 & 10.

Now my main pc is sorted I now have to deal with my lan/media pc.