View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 21:27   #36
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Kelvin Mackenzie suspended by The Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
So he hates Liverpool, so what ?
He's perfectly entitled to hate it if he wants.
(Personally, Ive never been to the place, so I have no view on it).
I do hate London though, so feel free to be offended [any Londoners]

Most people (at least in my experience) would probably agree with you if you listed all the bad points of where they come from. They also probably wouldn't mind if you said you hated it. If you referred to people who come from that place as murderers, rapists, drug addicts, they might have reason to be offended. Similarly if you spent years inferring that they (as a community) were responsible for the deaths of 96 people, they might have reason to be offended.

Hell, I am proud to be a Londoner, and would happily agree with you that a lot of Londoners are, to put it mildly, aholes, but I would get offended if you then went on to suggest that all of us are.

Quote:
So it seems kinda hard for pretty much any of them to be offended really, since virtually none will have even seen it.

If you dont like his views, dont read them, why the need these days to make a massive fuss about everything
I actually agree. People these days are too easily offended. There are far more important things to worry about than what some 2 bit hack working for a newspaper based hundreds of miles away says about you.

That said, I suspect most companies not react well to ANY employee saying the things Kelvin Mackenzie did, and most would have sacked him for gross misconduct after the first time.

The Sun, for whatever reason, appear to be being lenient. Something which, in the long term, I don't think will be good for them.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote