View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 02:23   #1
Visitor
Inactive

Services: Broadband
Visitor is on a distinguished roadVisitor is on a distinguished road
Post Booster

Hi

So I have an established Wifi network(WIFI!), super hub V1, its working on 2.4g and all devices in the house are connected to that network (WIFI1)

If at any time I switch on the guest network (WIFI2) and for example login with a tablet, it has access to the internet, but does not have access to anything on WIFI1

Thats how it suppose to work, and thats all fine...

However, signals are low upstairs, so I would like to buy a booster, but Im getting difference responses from Netgear when I login to live chat.

Im thinking that a Netgear booster will give me 2 options, the first option is to boost the existing wifi, or the second option is to provide a strong hot spot

So this is where Im confused, if the booster provides a new hot spot (new network id) then Im thinking anything connected on that hot spot wont have access to everything on my default (WIFI1)

I was hoping to buy a Netgear booster that has 2.4g and 5g, there are devices in the home that will only work on 2.4g so cant switch over to 5g

I tested 5g and its very strong, works very well, but as I said a few devices will only work on 2.4g

So Am I thinking that the booster wont just amplify the signal, it provides a new network, and so no use to me?
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote