View Single Post
Old 26-01-2016, 09:55   #877
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Bear in mind that in a power cut or similar situation VOIP as likely won't work and if the mobile network is also down only the battery backed up conventional phone network would be the only way of contacting the emergency services
If I'm honest, if BOTH of those happened at once, I think dialling 999 would be the least of my worries.

An area wide power cut which knocks out the local mast would also likely knock out the local exchanges too, rendering a landline useless too would it not? Anyway, considering this is a hypothetical that hasn't happened to my knowledge in my area in living memory, I think I can live with that.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote