Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 19:55   #95
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yup, it goes back to what I have said many a time before about realism. If somebody is supposed to be super evil and do really bad things then you need to see it to make it realistic.
They're different I think. You can get away with unrealistic depictions of anything in a fantasy universe. In LoTR the evil is allegorical, it's evil as a force itself. Everything seems to symbolise a wider point, the orcs, the ring, the elves, the hobbits and so on. It's less about them than it is what they represent. GoTR is more human and the relationships between them, their more realistic in they lack pure evil or pure good characters. Although I don't think Kursk meant it in the same way, it is closer to a soap opera in the dynamics of the characters.

Anyway I like GoTR. I think it could have stood to lose a season, it does meander about a bit half-way though the entire show but picked up last season. You're right about the production values, it is by far it's strongest suit - might be the best ever on television for sheer scale and set-pieces.

I would recommend it to most people but depends what they like.

Last edited by Damien; 18-07-2017 at 20:08.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote