Thread: VR TV
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2017, 21:35   #1
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough
VR TV

Right, we're currently in 2017. Let's see how far away we are from VR TV channels. To me it seems to be the next step in the natural evolution of television.

Current 3D TV experiences wouldn't come close to it. Instead of looking at a screen, you enter the live broadcast.

Imagine walking around a ring while watching the fight live. Imagine watching a live football or rugby match on Sky or BT Sport VR (for example)

A device such as the Oculus Rift or one of its successors could be linked to a cable or satellite set top box or a smartphone app to receive the broadcast channel or PPV event. The channel could then provide a few selectable spectator positions from the stand.

You could then choose to switch your seat to view from different positions and move your head to look at different areas of the pitch. Optional graphics could be overlayed onto the player positions such as their names and shirt numbers.

Anyway. If nobody thought of this already, don't worry, I'm not looking for royalties. It is kind of an obvious idea

When it actually happens, the things I wrote above will sound archaic and slightly outdated. I can't imagine it will be much different though, as a general idea.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote