View Single Post
Old 17-07-2017, 11:42   #5
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Strange phone call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
To be fair they'd need to ask those type of questions for data security. If a company has to call you urgently they can't take it for granted they are actually talking to the customer. They would need to ask a couple of quick security questions before divulging potential sensitive info.

My Dad and I have the same name. When i lived with my parents I wouldn't have been too pleased if my doctor, bank or employer called the house asking to speak to me then started to blurt out my personal info to my Dad.

Best thing to do if your unsure is tell them you'll call back yourself and ask them to add a note on their system as your concerned about the legitimacy of the call.
The point is that it's always unsafe to give your security details to someone that contacts you - to the point that companies shouldn't ask for them in the first place, and many won't for that reason.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote