Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012, 23:43   #16
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN may lose EPL Football(Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emel View Post
I have nothing against Premier Sport except that I can't receive it. If they succeeded in a bid to get Rangers SFL games and this got them on Virgin it would be a result.

Would they be brave enough to bid higher than Sky/ESPN? After Setanta perhaps they may be more careful about what they are prepared to pay for content.
The Scottish Football League are reportedly looking for bids in the region of £1,000,000 for the 25 game package. That's £40,000 per game. Premier Sports would only need to add about 6000 new subscribers to cover this. Personally, as a Rangers fan, I hope the rights go to either the BBC or ESPN. If they do, I will be cancelling SKY Sports.

The only football I watch on SKY is Rangers and Scotland games. Scotland away fixtures for the next 2 years are on the BBC. The Scottish League Cup is on the BBC. The Scottish Cup is on both the BBC and SKY. Plus there is plenty more live football on ESPN and ITV and good old Match of the Day on the BBC.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote