View Single Post
Old 23-12-2013, 19:59   #1675
Sigma
Inactive

Services: TV XL/Phone XL/BB XL
Sigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Xbox One Thread

What was wrong with yours again? Noisy?

I actually have 5 Xbox One PSUs now. The initial PSU made a ticking noise. The first replacement made a loud buzzing noise and was worse than the first overall. The next one also ticked. MS insisted to me that the PSU shouldn't be making such noises, so I asked them to properly check the next one before it was sent. 2 days later I received it and it was fine, but then a day after that I received yet another one, lol.

It's definitely a lottery. The one good one I have is spot on as far as noise is concerned and when the console is off (in the "instant on" mode) I can no longer hear the PSU, but I could with all of the others due to either ticking, buzzing or both.

I remember having a problem with an Xbox 360 PSU several years ago and when they replaced that, I had to send it to somewhere in the UK. Considering the UK is the most popular place in Europe for Xbox consoles, you would think they'd still have a repair centre here.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote