View Single Post
Old 23-02-2017, 22:06   #538
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cje85 View Post
They are selling the former BBC Three HD capacity: http://www.a516digital.com/2016/11/b...-freeview.html

The CBBC channel uses the bandwidth until 9pm but the new Scottish channel will broadcast from 7pm-midnight so it can't be using the former BBC Three capacity.
I wasn't talking about the HD capacity, I knew about the sell off.

For BBC Alba on Freeview they take BBC radio stations off air and use their multiplex space, so having a different setup in Scotland isn't unheard of. That's why I speculated they'd just revert the SD CBBC airtime for Scotland back to 7pm finish time, it's the easiest way to fit the new channel in on existing BBC space.