View Single Post
Old 26-03-2017, 10:40   #956
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Pity he didn't ask the first time around - I thought he was a deal-maker?
Trump only started to think about asking the Democrats when he had pulled the bill. I can't really see what's in it for them. They've got a proven, workable system in place and unless that changes then I can't see them needing to come to the table. Trump may have convinced some of his more diehard followers it is not working but not the public at large; only 17% agreed with his bill.
I think Trump's issue is that he is trying to run the Presidency like a businessman. This doesn't work and we've seen him stumble at Muslim Ban #1, Muslim Ban #2 and Trumpcare/Ryancare. Rather than taking the time to sort each thing out properly, he just moves on to the next thing. That might, though, be his approach given his term of four years.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Lol! I imagine a few Trumpites are spluttering on their French toasts and Golden Grahams after seeing that!