View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:56   #2099
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
He's probably on about the devaluation of the pound which some pro remain group has interpreted as a household loss since the referendum. Andrew what you need to really start understanding is that despite the constant remain groups saying "we didn't know what we voted for" a large majority of leave voters did understand. We simply felt it was a price worth paying to be out of the EU, personally i expect to be worse off for a good decade maybe more but in time greater prosperity will be enjoyed by my kids.
If your kids live in Northern Ireland then they will be better off thanks to May's Magic Money Tree. Otherwise they won't be. We paid 0.6% of GDP for EU membership and got increased GDP of 10% back in return.

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Meanwhile, the car industry is suffering a huge lack of investment post-Brexit vote. Let's hope it recovers as it's a significant employer in the UK.

Quote:
Investment in UK car industry plummets amid Brexit uncertainty
Investment in the UK car industry has fallen to just £322m in the first half of 2017, in a sign that companies are delaying or cancelling spending ahead of the UK leaving the EU.
Investment in the UK car industry last year was £1.66bn, which was down from the £2.5bn in investment recorded in 2015, as carmakers and their suppliers delayed non-essential investment following the EU referendum last June.
But investment looks to have fallen even further in the first six months of 2017, according to figures compiled by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders industry body.
https://www.ft.com/content/0c3427b2-...8-8055f264aa8b

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i can see the car carriers in Grimsby docks from my front door ,what fishing industry ? there are no trawlers left .
A very sad situation caused by over-fishing.