View Single Post
Old 14-03-2007, 18:16   #22
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Wireless information

Hi,

I'm a wifi novice and I have just got a new laptop with bluetooth and wireless. I want to connect to my nearest free hotspot safely.

How do I know if a hotspot is free and how do I connect given that they seem to ask for keys which I don't have.

I don't want to end up piggybacking illegally on someone's wireless internet connection.

How do I enable WPA security and prevent wifi hackers accessing my system please?

Any advice would be most welcome.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote