View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26   #9
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: 4G on Virgin, am I going to waste my money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
No, this is not the case. VM (business) customers and BT customers can all get 4G on EE. This is solely VM's choice not to provide it for their consumer clients and they have said they have no plans to do so because there is "no demand"
Thanks. Realised that VM did 4G for business hence I cryptically stated "individuals" but did not appreciate BT did offer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Thanks for all of your input guys, but after doing a lot of searching I am more confused than ever.
VM have a poor reputation with very little prospect of 4G in the next 12 months, but do I really need 4G, could a better 3G suit my needs?
I don't want to watch movies or play games but some of the web sites I visit such as raintoday do have changing graphics.
Asda seem very good for sim only using EE but no 4G, EE itself the tarriff is nearly 50% more than Asda etc but it is 4G.
I think that I have to remain with the EE coverage because of where I live EE is better than the others.
If I bought the Moto G 3rd gen from John lewis it is £159.95 inc delivery and one Asda tarriff that looks OK for me is 600mins,u/l txt and 1Gb data, I think that is £9 or £10 pm 30 day rolling.
Decisions Decisions
I've got VM mobile and don't think it has a poor reputation. The customer service has been good and it's always at the top of the value charts. Which is why it probably doesn't do 4G yet.
If you require a 4G network on EE then another choice is BT. Depending on whether your mobile phone is registered to a BT broadband household or not, the cheapest tariffs they do are:
Data:500Mb and Calls: 200 minutes £5pm (£10pm if no BT broadband)
Data:2Gb and Calls: 500 minutes £10pm (£15pm if no BT broadband)
All packages include unlimited texts and BT wifi.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote