View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:15   #2
OhReally

Re: World of Sport returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
So did anyone else see it?

I thought it was a pretty descent attempt, having Jim Ross involved gave it a great deal of credibility although I felt Alex Shane's commentary was a waste of time - I'm not a fan of his and have never really 'got' him.

The production was obviously very 'Raw' which isn't a bad thing but I didn't think having the first 2 guys out cut a promo each was a good idea. Also the ladder match was ok but had no build-up which I feel is generally essential for stipulation matches like that. Mr Beesley the "General Manager" was a bit of a personality vacuum to me, that sort of on-air authority role could work but needs to be someone a bit edgier and ballsy.

Still, some good workers on there and having reffed matches for Dave Mastiff, Ashton Smith and El Ligero in the past I knew they'd do well. I've never really seen the appeal of Grado but the crowd seemed to love him, especially the kids. Potential for ££££ there.

I loved the references to the WoS veterans too, very classy.

Apparently ITV is waiting on viewer feedback before deciding on its future, I'm hearing there were 1.25m watching which is pretty good given it was NYE but they'll want to know they'll be loyal viewers. ITV will want to get the format right and it'll be interesting to see if they can build enough momentum and storylines to sustain a weekly or similar regular show especially now with the upcoming competition of the WWE-UK championship. Apparently about 2000 people were turned away at the capacity show so it look promising.
Rachel was ok

Seemed a bit to WWE for my liking..